Monday, July 11, 2011

Showered with Love

This past Sunday my friends gave our family a baby shower. I was really looking forward to it and also was a little sad because I knew that it would be the last baby shower I'd have. (Please don't mistake this for me saying we are having more children after this one. I know for certain I am done. But there are a FEW things I'll miss)
My favorite party planner opened up her home (yet again) to throw another magnificent party. She did a very elegant Owl themed shower. It was just perfect. She goes through a lot of trouble when she throws parties to make sure that each event is perfect for the person she's throwing it for, and that each one looks completely different. Here are a few pictures of her set up.







This feathered friend held my favorite candy, chocolate almonds.

The 2 Big Sisters





Here I am with my super gorgeous friend, Angela. She is due any day now with a sweet baby girl that I am dying to meet. I have really enjoyed sharing pregnancy woes and accomplishments with her. We had to snag one last preggo pic together since this is her first one and my last ;)






We all dined over many appetizers, chicken salad and super yummy Tortilla Soup by the ever wonderful Pioneer Woman, prepared by my VAFF (Very Amish Friend Faith) You will see that she is not even close to Amish. She is just the most Amish person we know! =)



McKinley definitely enjoyed the orange icing off her cupcake.



I was soooo happy to get to spend time with my Bestie Lisa at the shower. We didn't get to be with each other during the last showers we each had since we were miles apart.





Sooo many sweet girls at this shower. (Cousins and Aby's bestie)





Here is the Hostess with the Mostess. Jenny is always up for a fun party at her house, and this was no exception. Big thanks goes out to her. She throws herself into every party she plans and it always comes out perfect!!!



(Jenny you should def use this picture for the cover of your book)




Me, Jenny, and Faith



These 2 keep me laughing all the time. And they most certainly make me step out of my comfort zone all the time =)




Marissa, Grace, and Lisa









Leasha (Chris' oldest Sister), Stephanie, and Lisa




My 2 "Old" Friends, Melinda and Val =)



HA JK


These two ladies are a hoot to be around









Aby and the 2 best Grandma's in the World!!!


My kids are soooo lucky







Gina, Alicia, Nell and Bonnie






Faith and her sweet youngest sister, Rachel.




Two of the sweetest lil girls in the world!! (Both wonderful big sisters)
I am in LOVE with this picture!



Angela, Brittany, and Alison!!!





Hannah (the best babysitter and my girls' "fake sister") and Eileen



The girls did a great job of sharing the responsibility of opening gifts.









Gomer was a great help. She had the job of picking out which present would be opened.






Caedy was definitely showered with lots of love and thoughtful gifts. There were a few handmade gifts that I just had to share. Mrs. Eileen made me a diaper bag which I LOVE and a cute purple dinosaur embroidered with her name on it. My wonderful friend, Jessica made a super soft purple hat (that I forgot to put in the grouping) and the owl you see there. And of course it matches the room perfectly. Lisa made a gorgeous poofy bow to match the outfit Caedy will come home from the hospital in. And Faith sewed and hand embroidery a sweet pillowcase dress with owls and her initial. These all had special touches that will always be treasured.





I left Jenny's after the shower was over the other night feeling very loved on and overwhelmed. I know that parents instantly feel that special love for their own child, but to physically be able to see and feel love for an unborn child from people who aren't blood family is still astonishing to me. It shouldn't be. These are the people that we choose to spend our lives with. These are the people that we chose to move from Temple to Georgetown to be closer to. And these are the people that love us and our children unconditionally. It truly is amazing to see and experience God's Kingdom here on Earth. And to think that all that feeling and emotion came from something as simple as a Baby Shower. =)


It was a perfect, last baby shower. Thank you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. We love your family so much, and already adore little Caedance too! I'm so glad that I was able to be part of your final shower. All of these "last" moments are bittersweet, but relishing them and truly living mindfully through these moments makes them even more special. So glad you're sharing and blogging all of this so that we can live through it with you.

    ReplyDelete