Thursday, June 16, 2011

91 more days, or 27 Weeks

(Unfortunately I didn't have my handy little picture taker around, so I had to take my own picture)




This week I started my 27th week. It's very hard to believe that soon I'll be moving into my last trimester. As of now Caedance is 2 lbs and about the size of a cauliflower. This past Tuesday I had a dr. appointment. It was good to hear her heartbeat and find out that I'm measuring right on track. These past few weeks haven't been a piece of cake. I'm not sleeping well, and find it very difficult to even get into a comfortable position. My appetite is also not very good. I'm not sure if it's the heat or what, but I'm just not hungry. Luckily Dr. Spears says that my weight gain is ok, so that if I don't feel like eating it's not going to hurt anything. That's hard cause I still have to feed my family. Luckily smoothies always sound good and so does yogurt. Although I'm pretty sure that Chris couldn't live off either of those things =) The heartburn has been horrid. I'm sure that will only get worse as well.



My shots are going well. My mom has had to step in and help out in this area as Lisa has been out of town a few times. I am very thankful that she does. While I was at my appointment on Tuesday Dr. Spears went ahead and checked to make sure I hadn't started dilating. Thankfully I haven't!!! So hopefully these weekly shots are going to work. I was around the 30ish week when I found out I was 3 cm dilated with McKinley. Now, I know you can walk around dilated for weeks, but there is nothing more nerve wracking then wondering if you are dilating more during daily activities. So, I was quite relieved. This next week I get to do the glucose test!! That will be super fun. I think it's funny how things change so quickly. Just a short time ago when I was pregnant with Mac I had to fast before this test, and now they say you don't. I also have moved into appointments every 2 weeks. This makes me a little anxious and excited. I just can't believe we are getting so close to the end.



This week in particular has been rough. I have been extremely tired and hot. I've napped everyday with Mac while Aby has been at camp. I know there is nothing wrong with this. I need my sleep, especially if I'm not getting it at night. But I feel very unproductive. I hate that feeling. I'm hoping that it's a short term thing and I'll get over it. Wishful thinking I'm sure, especially the closer we get to the end ;) We've spent some time hanging out in the pool too. I'm sure that we'll be doing that this weekend as well!!!



I'm also just about finished with her nursery. (that will be a separate post) I feel in need to get it finished. I have just a few things to finish as far as decor is concerned and then it'll be ready for move in day. I have had a lot of fun going through all the girls' old baby clothes and items. And of course she'll get a few new things for herself.



I'm always amazed and a little creeped out by all the movement going on in my belly. She of course is quite busy right when I lay down at night. I'm trying to really enjoy this part knowing I will never have this feeling again. It really makes me wonder what in the world she is doing. And I'm just dying to know what she looks like. The girls are still really intrigued with my ever growing belly. McKinley in particular loves to lay her head on it and talk to Caedy. I think it's quite sweet. They both are also very in tune with how I'm feeling, and if I need help with something they are very good about doing whatever they can. I'm certain this behavior will continue once Caedance is born. I'm very certain I'll have more help than I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment