Saturday, July 17, 2010

The lilies of the field.

One of my most favorite passages comes out of Matthew 6. They are verses 25-34. These words bring me great comfort when I am feeling particularly bogged down by everyday life, or feeling overwhelmed by big projects. They remind me that I am ultimately not in control, and that I am extremely valuable regardless of what I tell myself. There is one portion I would like to share with you. They are verses 28-30.
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

This particular part excites me because I think flowers or so gorgeous. They have a lovely fragrant and are all so unique. The bad part is eventually they die. What makes this so special to me is that God desires to pay that much attention to my needs plus some. He is in the business of wanting and desiring to meet my needs. I only have to let Him.

As we were traveling through New Mexico and Colorado we stopped quite a bit for Chris to photograph flowers. Now, I know the reasoning behind why he was photographing them, but it got to be a bit comical. And it was fun to harass him about it. Then I sat down and looked at all the pictures he had taken, and my mind immediately recalled the above passage. They are gorgeous. I am constantly amazed through all types of creation. I must say it was quite humbling to sit on top of a mountain, in a grassy field with these beautiful flowers. Here are a few of His beauties.
















No comments:

Post a Comment